Pages

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Well planned is half way done....

With that motto in mind I started preparing my move to US since July.
For nearly 5 months I was living according to all kinds of project plans...one for the move, one for wedding preparation and few for my work related projects :o)
It has of course the benefits that one will most likely be well prepared for the day when the moving company comes. Not sure though that my fiance was overly happy when I decided to give away the tv already in September to our German friends...

The rising piles of boxes serves positively for one thing, the urge to move keeps increasing. The place one felt at home has changed into a warehouse. It helps a lot to overcome the mental and emotional side of things. As there are no preparations plans which would come with the tool "skip the emotional hurdle".

The past months have been at times a roller-coaster. Within one day one goes from from being totally excited and happy about the change in life to the other extreme...being sad about the increasing geographical distance and time difference to most friends and family. It was great medicine that my fiance and myself were actually able to go through this time together. It keeps reminding in concrete way the fantastic reason of ripping oneself off from the platform and rocketing to Houston to build a new one.

Generally I think that having lived the past year together in Finland has equipped us well for the future adventures ;o) My fiance knows the environment well, what I used to call home for the past 6 years and what kind of food I consider my comfort food. Though he keeps laughing and wondering how anyone can eat caviar paste (aka by him as "fish liver paste") :o)

Having sold and donated half of the house....somehow on the moving day I realize that still one gets confronted with the question:" Mistä tätä kamaa tulee?" / "Where is all this stuff coming from?" (famous Finnish mobile company commercial had similar slogan).
So, we start the new journey with souveniers coming from Finland in 108 boxes in about one months time. Then not just Houston will have a problem but till then we need to find space in our new home (which used to be my fiance's man cave) :o)




No comments:

Post a Comment

 

Translate

Share this PostPin ThisEmail This
 
Blogger Templates